We’re building a team of talented, passionate, and driven people to work on some of Canada’s biggest service delivery opportunities. From improving the citizenship process to helping veterans access their benefits, this is an opportunity to make a real impact for your country. Learn more about our mission.
Our small, multi-disciplinary teams are made up of developers, designers, researchers, data scientists, and product managers. We’re committed to building a team that’s diverse in gender, indigenous heritage, race, disability, age, language, and professional background.
The job details
We’re putting together multi-disciplinary project teams that work with departments to prototype, build, and deploy digital service solutions. Learn more about how we work.
We're hiring in five streams to make this happen:
Our hiring is a rolling campaign, so you can apply at any time.
We're hiring people at all levels of experience. We offer short, medium and long term employment and competitive salaries.
Currently, we're hiring in Ottawa but we plan to have people and teams working across the country.
What we’re offering
- An agile, dynamic team where you can work alongside experts from many digital disciplines.
- An enabling environment, with access to the modern tools you need to do great work.
- A laser-focus on users needs, with the ability to see the impact of your efforts.
- Flexible work arrangements that ensure strong work-life balance.
What we’re looking for
- Are passionate about a user’s experience and want to create measurable improvements to service delivery.
- Love working in multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners.
- Create structure out of ambiguity, and forge a path in new environments.
- Are excited about working in the open to benefit a larger community, and about sharing success and failures.
- Are curious, and your humility helps you learn and grow.
- Are in love with the problem, not the solution.
The Mandatory requirements:
- Candidates must be fluent in one of Canada’s two official languages, English or French.
- Preference will be given to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- All candidates must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance at either the Reliability or Secret level. We'll help you with this if you're offered a position.
- You have experience in building an impressive public communications presence with a background in one or more of the following: developing and implementing communications strategies, content writing, stakeholder engagement, and training and learning.
- You readily learn about new areas and, through your communication, help others learn and engage with new ideas.
- You're ideally fluent in both English and French.
- You are a communicator who knows how to write for different mediums and channels, like video, social media, and graphic design.
- You have experience serving as the engineer of complex technology implementations in a product-centric environment, and are comfortable with bridging the gap between legacy development or operations teams and working toward a shared culture and vision.
- You have experience with data modeling, data transformation, and SQL, and have strong programming skills in modern languages (e.g., Python, Scala, Java, Ruby, Go).
- You possess advanced SQL skills, a working knowledge of Python or other modern programming languages, and experience in analyzing business processes to fully understand the problem space.
- You're good at leveraging data visualization tools in the context of a project and service dashboards, and experience hacking on open data.
- You have experience building narratives around user behaviour at scale using data that you collect and analyze, and ensuring data is used to make informed decisions.
- You have a background in planning, executing and analyzing A/B experiments, and a solid understanding of statistical concepts such as multivariate analysis, type I / type II errors, effect sizes, linear regression and survival analysis.
- You're fluent in SQL and have some development experience preferably in R or Python.
User experience, interaction design, service design & design research
- You have an extensive portfolio in one of the above areas of design.
- You have a track record of removing complexity from services or products, and you champion simplicity.
- You’re great at communicating with people who aren’t familiar with design, comfortable working alongside clients during the design process, and are excited to work with people on research and testing.
- You take an approach that is inclusive and accessible from the start.
- You’re able to sketch and prototype your ideas on paper, in software or code.
Front-end, back-end, dev ops
- You’re comfortable building APIs in a RESTful style or with GraphQL.
- You’re used to working on an agile team, in sprints, constantly iterating, and are excited about Test-Driven Development.
- You might also contribute to open source projects and share your work on GitHub or other public code repositories.
- You have significant leadership experience and a proven track-record of building and delivering high quality digital products or services, including evolving the vision for a product and managing its development from start to finish.
- You have experience balancing user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for delivery teams.
- You have a background in leading one or more multi-disciplinary teams on several products while working in an agile environment, and in working across the full spectrum of your team to remove roadblocks during the product journey.
- You have experience identifying and developing product principles, practices and processes to allow teams to collaboratively build the right thing, the right way.
Our objective is to find the right fit for both the applicant and the organization. When you apply, here’s what you can generally expect:
After applying, you’ll get an email to let you know we’ve received your application.
2. Preliminary call
If after reviewing your application we’d like to get to know you better, we’ll set up a brief chat to get further information.
3. Interview and Testing
We may then reach out to you for an in-depth interview, either in-person or by video. This could include an exam component, such as completing a written or technical task.
4. Reference Checks
We’ll call your references to learn more about your professional experiences.
5. Meet the team
Meeting and chatting with the people you’re going to be working with every day, including the CDS leadership, is crucial to confirming the right fit.
6. Job offer!
We’ll make the formal offer, and figure out when you can start.
If you weren’t offered a job, we would be pleased to discuss your application and why we didn’t see a fit. In some cases, we’ll request to hold on to your application for future reference, as there may be a fit down the road.
We are iterating in everything we do! Whether you apply or not, we are happy to receive feedback on what we can do to make the process better, just send us an email.