We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
Visual designers create graphic elements that underpin interaction and service design. Their work uses typography, colour, space, layout, iconography, and illustration to ensure that content is legible and readable and that interactions are seen and understood by all users. They are also responsible for creating visuals that are accessible for users of all abilities while communicate complex topics in the simplest and easiest terms. Visual designers can work in both print and digital while understanding the specifics of both.
We’re looking for dedicated designers to join our team:
- Your approach to design starts with inclusivity and accessibility.
- You’re great at communicating with people who aren’t familiar with design, comfortable working alongside clients during the design process, and are excited to work with people on research and testing.
- You can effectively demonstrate what your detailed design process entails.
- You are passionate about users’ experiences and want to create measurable improvements to government services.
- You have experience working alongside developers and researchers, and rapidly prototyping.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Visual Designer” in the subject line. Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.