We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
The role we’re looking to fill is a career-defining opportunity for someone passionate about using product management to transform public services as part of a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers who share a vision of better public services in Canada.
A few examples of ways in which our portfolio is already benefiting Canadian society:
- Helping Veterans access benefits
- Improving the citizenship process
- Unlocking household energy data
The products you’ll deliver will make government services faster, simpler and more reliable. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and engage with users and teams across government. This work will be creative, rewarding and high profile.
Provide product management leadership:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will help CDS and its partners through fulfilling responsibilities that include:
- Providing in-depth knowledge of the users’ needs and championing these in the delivery of your products and the services you support.
- Planning and coordinating delivery across multiple product teams.
- Building trust with our government partners and developing their understanding of the benefits of user-centred service design and delivery.
- Assembling, analyzing and prioritizing a range of qualitative and quantitative information to help teams solve problems and ship value to users as early as possible.
- Setting measurable goals for your products and reporting against these to demonstrate progress and build trust amongst users and partners.
- Communicating the benefits of the products and sharing the experience of delivery to get organizational buy in and build the capability of others.
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues in product and service management roles in CDS and partner departments.
Contribute your skills and experience
We expect you to be able to demonstrate the following essential capabilities:
- Creativity and passion for problem-solving through the use of quantitative and qualitative data about users, services and technology.
- Track record of developing business cases and delivery plans for products that have had significant reach and impact.
- Experience of leading the development, release and continuous improvement of digital products through different stages of delivery.
- Proficiency in agile product management techniques, such as writing user stories, prioritizing backlogs, developing roadmaps, and reporting against success metrics.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate multiple teams of developers, designers, and researchers, with experience of having worked in similar roles and teams previously.
- Capability to communicate persuasively through a variety channels - such as conferences, blog posts and product demos - with a range of audiences.
- Habits of being organized, taking action, learning through doing and helping others to achieve their goals.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Senior Product Manager” in the subject line. Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.