We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you. The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
We’re hiring a Senior Procurement Advisor to bring procurement expertise into CDS. You’ll help bring engineering and design firms into our projects to support delivery. You’ll treat businesses as users, finding ways to make it easier for them to navigate the federal buying process. Your work will create room for the smaller firms that are typically excluded by large, complex procurements. Working with our product teams and partners, you’ll enable our teams by providing pathways to outside expertise.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Build an understanding of the vendor community — and help vendors learn how they can support digital delivery with CDS.
- Create or improve tools, content, and processes that address procurement pain points.
- Understand product teams’ work and make it easier for them to buy the services they need.
- Develop and implement our delivery procurement approach.
- Provide procurement advice and guidance to CDS, its partners, and the market.
You’ll fit right in if:
- You know federal procurement rules and processes inside and out.
- You have ideas for how to improve the procurement experience for businesses.
- You’re passionate about experimenting with new ways of doing things — and measuring the impact.
- You provide open-minded, well-informed advice on procurement processes and contract management.
- You break projects into smaller tasks and like to iterate on solutions.
- You’re a creative, resourceful problem-solver. You don’t have all the answers, but you know how to find them.
- As a proven relationship builder, you’ll enjoy making connections to get stuff done.
- You’re equally comfortable charting out the big picture and diving into the details to figure out how to bring that picture to life.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive. CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.