We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We hire people of all levels of experience.
The Policy team at CDS helps bridge the gap between delivery and public policy. We help the digital service delivery teams at CDS navigate government processes and policies during product development, and we provide strategic advice to support CDS’s mandate – to help change government to serve people better. You can learn more about our team here.
We’re looking for a Policy Analyst as a Fall 2019 student position. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute and learn by:
- Diving into domestic and international practices around privacy, research, communication, administration of government, and technology
- Researching, analyzing, and providing critical feedback on government policies, processes, legislation or regulations
- Working with and learning from multidisciplinary talent like designers, engineers, researchers and others in helping digital delivery teams navigate government processes and problem solve
- Helping measure the performance and impact of digital services and products
- Understanding the impact of technology and design changes on how government works
- Meeting with stakeholders and experts in other parts of government and elsewhere
Don’t worry if you only see yourself in some of the items on this list. Each member of the team specializes in different areas, and you’ll be able to learn about areas that you’re less familiar with.
You’ll fit right in if:
- Your default mode is open, friendly, and collaborative.
- You like to learn new things and help people out.
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and like to get stuff done.
- You have experience communicating through email in a concise and professional manner.
- You know that sometimes just trying something is the best way to find out if it’ll work.
- You are comfortable with technology and have experience with web-based collaboration tools like Google Docs, Trello, Slack, etc.
- You’re (ideally) fluent in both official languages
- You like working hard and having fun while doing it :)
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.