The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) works with federal departments to make the services people depend on simple and easy-to-use. We’re a small but mighty team that is rethinking service design and delivery, engaging users every step of the way. By working in the open, and connecting partners with tools, talent, and training grounded in practice, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
To help us grow the team, we’re looking for a highly organized and flexible People Operations Coordinator. People are at the centre of what we do — we need you to go above and beyond to deliver high-quality experiences for employees, managers and candidates.
We’re looking for a person who:
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness;
- is a resourceful problem-solver with a thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies;
- is passionate and deliberate about creating an exceptional employee experience;
- is flexible and able to shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change;
- can communicate in both English and French (in government terms this position is Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB)*.
An excellent candidate will be able to:
- manage talent administration in a high-growth environment;
- deliver exceptional candidate experience through talent programming, including scheduling, interviewing, onboarding, and talent support while embodying our organizational values;
- initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing talent strategy;
- suggest new procedures and guidelines to continually improve the efficiency of the talent team;
- easily jump between programs in both MacOS and Windows;
- enhance CDS’s HR reputation by executing new requests and exploring opportunities to add value throughout the process;
- navigate complex staffing and security files;
- use the right blend of professionalism and friendliness in all communications.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.
*A pool of qualified persons resulting from this process MAY be created and MAY be used to fill similar position with linguistic profiles (english essential, bilingual imperative BBB/BBB, bilingual imperative CBC/CBC, as well as tenures (indeterminate, deployment, acting, assignment, secondment, specified period) which may vary according to the position being staffed.