We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focussed on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
As the Partnerships Team, we’re the bridge builders at CDS. We grow the organization’s knowledge of federal services and build empathy by listening to and learning from public servants. We find opportunities to improve how the government delivers services, and assess their potential, to help CDS prioritize what we work on. To do our best, we work with departmental leadership, service owners, and our CDS colleagues. We set up and support partnerships through all phases of delivery. If you’re ready to work as part of a small team, help CDS build a broader community, and deliver the greatest public value through our partnerships, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone who will
- Help expand our network to find partnership opportunities for all business lines at CDS
- Conduct research to assess partnership opportunities, as part of a small team
- Provide advice and guidance to help us pick our partnerships
- Help set expectations and draft agreements to ensure smooth working relationships between CDS and our partners
- Build awareness of our partnerships, and support within partner departments through all phases of delivery
- Measure what matters and use data to help make our partnerships more effective
- Work with your colleagues across CDS to continuously improve how we work with our partners
You’ll fit right in if
- You have a passion for making government better and understand how technology and design can help do that
- You’re a people person who is self-aware, genuine, tactful, and persuasive
- You listen to learn and communicate quickly and effectively
- You’re a creative thinker who uses research to improve your understanding, breaks down problems and finds opportunities
- You’re experienced at making reasoned recommendations, defending difficult decisions and providing advice to senior leaders in the public and private sectors
- You remain calm under pressure, know how to prioritize, and work as part of a team
- You’re fluent in French and English (in government speak, we’re looking for CBC)
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.