The Outreach Team at CDS is looking for an assistant to help us share the CDS story and help transform digital government.
We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs. We’re hiring people at all levels of experience.
The Outreach Team at CDS tells the stories of the services we help build and the stories of the people who use them. You can learn more about us here. We’re looking for an Outreach student to support our events, storytelling and social media activities, working from our office in Ottawa.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Coordinate and contribute to our team’s meetings.
- Provide a wide range of organizational and administrative support to the Head of Outreach and the larger team.
- Support the team in telling the CDS story through a range of tasks, including meeting and event coordination, content delivery and writing.
- Help the team tell more compelling stories by staying on top of the latest memes, social media trends, meet-ups, and #GCDigital community conversations.
You’ll fit right in if:
- Your default mode is open, friendly, and collaborative.
- You like to learn new things and help people out.
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and like to get stuff done.
- You have experience communicating through email in a concise and professional manner.
- You know that sometimes just trying something is the best way to find out if it’ll work.
- You are comfortable with technology and have experience with web-based collaboration tools like Google Docs, Trello, Slack, etc.
- You’re (ideally) fluent in both official languages
- You like to laugh. :)
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.