The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and centre. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across government improve service delivery. We need you.
To support this important mission, we are looking for an Internal Communications Advisor. Reporting to the Head of Outreach, with a dotted-line to the Head of Talent, this Sr. Internal Communications Advisor will be responsible for setting and executing on an internal communications strategy for our growing organization. We have been a fairly small organization since our inception and as we get bigger, we need help to ensure that we stay connected to our work, values and mission.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Develop and implement a holistic internal communications strategy for CDS
- Help product teams share information with the larger org
- Support Senior management in regularly sharing updates with the team
- Support the Talent team with communications around team culture activities
- Help surface storytelling opportunities for the Outreach team
- Use their excellent communications skills to delight and inspire fellow CDSers
- Help make CDS a great place to work by reinforcing CDSs diversity, equality and inclusion practices.
An excellent candidate will:
- Have experience in an agile software development or startup environment
- Have experience with internal communications or stakeholder management
- Be able to write and work in English and French
- Be comfortable working in a digital-first environment
You would join a team that currently includes 13 other members. This role is a two year term and is classified as an IS-04 in the Information Services group. This position is CBC essential.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.
*A pool of qualified persons resulting from this process MAY be created and MAY be used to fill similar position with linguistic profiles (english essential, bilingual imperative BBB/BBB, bilingual imperative CBC/CBC, as well as tenures (indeterminate, deployment, acting, assignment, secondment, specified period) which may vary according to the position being staffed.