The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) works with federal departments to make government services simple and easy-to-use. We’re rethinking service design and delivery, and engaging the people who depend on services every step of the way. By working in the open and connecting partners with tools and talent, we’re improving how government delivers services.
And we need you.
As the Partnerships Team, we’re the bridge builders at CDS. We grow the organization’s knowledge of federal services and build empathy by listening to and learning from public servants. We find opportunities to improve how the government delivers services, and assess their potential to prioritize the work we take on. To do our best work, we work with departmental leadership, service owners, and our CDS colleagues to set up and support partnerships through all phases of delivery. If you’re ready to help guide CDS to deliver the greatest public value through our partnerships, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone who will
- Coach and manage a small team
- Expand our network and find strategic partnership opportunities for all business lines at CDS
- Develop processes and practices to continually assess and prioritize partnership opportunities
- Establish clear agreements between CDS and our partners to ensure smooth working relationships
- Support partners and CDS colleagues through all phases of delivery
- Provide advice and guidance to CDS leadership in support of partnership interests and the needs of government partners
- Measure what matters and use data to make the partnerships team more effective
- Work with your colleagues across CDS to continuously improve how we work
You’ll fit right in if
- You’re comfortable leading a small team to use agile, human-centered methods, while working in the open
- You’re a people person who is self-aware, genuine, tactful, and persuasive
- You listen to learn, and make space for new ideas and perspectives
- You’re a creative thinker who uses research to improve your understanding, breaks down problems and finds opportunities
- You have experience working to improve services and an understanding of human-centered digital service delivery
- You’re experienced at making reasoned recommendations, defending difficult decisions and providing direct advice to senior leaders in the public and private sectors
- You remain calm under pressure, know how to prioritize, and can coach others to do the same
- You’re fluent in French and English (in government speak, we’re looking for CBC)
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.