The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and centre. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across government improve service delivery. We need you.
The Outreach team is responsible for all things storytelling at CDS. We tell stories that help public servants improve government services and make people’s lives better. We help CDS tell stories that help people work for us, work like us and work with us. We provide supporting tools and advice to help CDSers tell effective stories, and build and maintain CDS’ online presence in both official languages.
The Translator role is absolutely essential to ensure that we can fulfill our mandate in both official languages and to contribute to the on-going improvement of our team, and the content and bilingual standards across the organization. This role is classified as a IS-02 in the Information Services group.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Communicate and write in both French and English (in government terms, this position is CCC)
- Do comparative edits of documents (administrative, technical, policy, general) translated from English to French
- Translate documents from English to French
- Collaborate with the other translator to improve translation workflow across the organization
- Be a source of feedback as a language professional for those wanting to create French content
- Do terminology research and maintain and update the organizational lexicon
- Do plain language editing in French
An excellent candidate will be able to:
- Help develop French-first social media campaigns and other french-first promotional content
- Help establish good bilingual standards across the org (presentations, postings, etc.)
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.