The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is tasked with changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services, to reduce the risk of product failure, lower costs, ensure user privacy and system security, and, above all, improves people’s lives by putting their needs and concerns front and center. We believe every experience Canadians have with their government should meet or exceed their reasonable modern expectations that digital services be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. Working in the open, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
To support this important mission, we are looking for a Director of Platform to ensure the successful delivery of platform products and services. The Platform business unit is responsible for creating, incubating and supporting well-designed common products, services, components, and resources that meet the service delivery needs of the Government of Canada while advancing the mission of CDS. Only a few months old, the Platform unit launched its first product, Notify, already in use by departments all over government. This role is classified as a CS-05 in the Computer Systems group.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Grow the Platform unit and its capabilities to launch new products and establish CDS’s role in providing a platform for the federal government’s digital services;
- Set and lead the Platform unit’s strategy to meet user needs through development, operation and continuous improvement of products that support government services;
- Identify and develop delivery principles, practices and processes to help teams to operate efficiently, collaboratively and openly;
- Set measurable goals for the product portfolio and report against these to demonstrate progress against stated benefits;
- Engage with users and stakeholders through a range of channels to encourage take-up and use of the Platform portfolio across government;
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership across CDS and other government organisations to ensure that the Platform delivery and roadmap is aligned with optimising government objectives;
- Create a delivery culture promoting public-centred service design, use of open data and technology, and diversity and inclusiveness.
A great candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can:
- Lead digitisation, strategy and roadmap development and deployment to improve user experience and outcomes;
- Deliver product to yield major cost improvements as well as enhanced end user outcomes;
- Foster practices that support diversity, equity, and inclusion within your teams;
- Guide design, development and deployment of digital channels and technologies, including practical experience of leading channel, website and application development;
- Lead multiple teams and delivery disciplines concurrently;
- Exercise and foster evidence- and data-informed decision making;
- Work with government and/or large organization environments and challenging bureaucratic standards and processes as required;
- Manage people, including giving and delivering feedback, even when it’s hard.
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French and English) candidates and to Canadian citizens.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future. If you have any questions about this, please reach out to cdsrecruitment.recrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca.