The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and centre. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across government improve service delivery. We need you.
To support this important mission, we are looking for a Director of Digital Practice to empower and support our teams and their leaders as CDS enters its next phase of significant growth. CDS’ digital practices (Design, Design Research, Product Management, and Software Development) make up the multidisciplinary digital product teams in our Partnership, Platform, and COVID Alert business units, that advance the mission of CDS.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Bring significant experience in line management and leading teams responsible for software delivery (e.g., software development, design, research, product management, SRE);
- Advise and empower leaders throughout these teams;
- Provide hiring support and practice guidance for business units;
- Ensure scalable growth aligned with CDS’ Diversity, Equity and Inclusion priorities;
- Facilitate allocation of staff to business units and other work in accordance with CDS priorities;
- Work with business units, Operations, and the Office of the CEO to fulfill CDS’s mission and adapt its strategies accordingly;
- Lead the development and documentation of digital delivery practices in government;
- Foster effective work between members of different practices in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Work with the CDS Talent team to define roles and consistent, explainable promotion criteria and progression frameworks;
- Ensure that the concerns, ideas and general feedback of the delivery practices are shared openly and regularly with Senior Management;
- Communicate in both English and French (in government terms this position is Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC).
A great candidate will demonstrate:
- Success delivering software and building nurturing, capable software teams;
- Success leading initiatives that impact entire teams or business units;
- Experience coaching, mentoring and inspiring leaders and line managers in a growth environment;
- Exceptional tact, judgement, diplomacy, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge and skills in processing, analysing and owning decisions regarding resource and capacity allocation for delivery teams.
We are looking for someone to meet our essential criteria, however we recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
CDS is a fully distributed team. This job can be performed from anywhere in Canada. In the future, occasional travel to Ottawa may be required.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.