The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is tasked with changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services, to reduce the risk of product failure, lower costs, ensure user privacy and system security, and, above all, improves people’s lives by putting their needs and concerns front and center. We believe every experience Canadians have with their government should meet or exceed their reasonable modern expectations that digital services be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. Working in the open, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
To further this important mission, we are looking for a consultative and creative recruiter to scale our team. You can expect high impact and wide-ranging responsibility: owning full-cycle recruiting, driving hiring strategy, and delivering best-in-class candidate experience. You must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment—unafraid to challenge the way we’ve been doing things, engage partners across government and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes. This role is classified as an AS-05 in the Administrative Services group.
What we’re looking for:
- You identify, qualify, and close exceptional candidates
- You manage and drive a full recruitment cycle including building out new processes and improving existing ones
- You work closely with hiring managers to prioritize hiring needs and build a seamless interview process that helps us bring the best candidates to our teams
- You help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy
- You are passionate and deliberate about building diverse and inclusive teams
An excellent candidate will be able to:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting in a high-growth environment
- Deliver exceptional candidate experience and have a passion for building teams
- Use the right blend of professionalism and friendliness in all communications
- Attract candidates who haven’t consider government before and build a diverse pipeline
- Take a human-centred approach to recruitment and hiring, understanding your “users’” (hiring managers and candidates) needs and working to meet them
- Use a data-driven approach to problem-solving; you enjoy making sense of trends and using the insights to better your process
- Be flexible and have a growth mindset, being able to shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change
- Work cross-functionally, with the ability to learn quickly
- Communicate in both French and English (in government terms, this position is CBC).
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
*Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.