The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and centre. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across government improve service delivery. We need you.
To support this important mission, we are looking for an administrative officer to work alongside members of our internal operations team. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and great to work with? Are you bilingual and love working in both official languages? Are you looking for a job with lots of challenges and room for growth?
You would join a team that currently includes four other members. This role is determinate and classified as an AS-03 in the Administrative Services group.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support to a variety of administrative services in CDS, including procurement and contracting, hospitality, training, and ATIP
- Process invoice payments for CDS from external vendors, internal settlements and purchase orders
- Produce financial reports, expenditure forecasts and identify the need for the reallocation of funds within CDS using SAP and BI Cognos applications
- Ensure expenditures are tracked in the CDS blackbook and monitor expenses against the yearly forecast
- Provide advice on budget free-balances to enable the management team to make sound decisions around larger purchases
- Support the procurement process for cloud services, using the Online Contract Initiation Form (OCIF) and engaging with external vendors and Shared Services Canada (SSC) cloud brokering services
- Participate in quarterly budget forecasting exercises. Engage with management to determine their needs for upcoming expenditures. Forecast budget needs for all Goods and Services expenditure
- Track the process for the compensation of participants in our research sessions
You are an excellent candidate if you’re:
- Bilingual (CBB)
- Experienced and knowledgeable at government procurement processes
- Responsive to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing technology team.
- Someone who enjoys working with data and tracking expenses for budgeting and forecasting exercises
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- A person with a positive “can-do” spirit; a bureaucracy hacker who finds ways to get things done and iterate on current processes
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Trustworthy with sensitive organizational, partner, and personal information
- You have a secondary diploma degree
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS invites all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
*Out of an abundance of caution, all interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.