Join the Canadian Digital Service
We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people's everyday lives. It's an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is a collective of creative people committed to using our digital skills and knowledge to make it easier to access and use government services. Our growing multidisciplinary teams work with federal departments to make the services people depend on simple and easy-to-use. We’re focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs.
By working in the open and connecting partners with tools, talent, and training grounded in practice, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
The mandatory requirements:
- Candidate must be fluent in one of Canada’s two official languages, English or French.
- Preference will be given to Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- All candidates must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance at either Reliability or Secret level. We’ll help you with this once you’re offered a position.
What we’re looking for
- You're passionate about people's experiences and want to create measurable improvements to service delivery.
- You love working in multi-disciplinary teams and with external partners.
- You create structure out of ambiguity and forge a path in new environments.
- You're excited about working in the open to benefit a larger community and about sharing successes and failures.
- You're curious and your humility helps you learn and grow.
- You're in love with the problem, not the solution.
What we’re offering
- An agile, dynamic team where you can work alongside experts from many digital disciplines.
- An enabling environment with access to the modern tools you need to do great work.
- A laser-focus on people's needs with the ability to see the impact of your efforts.
- Flexible work arrangements that ensure strong work-life balance.
Our goal is to find the right fit for both you and the organization. When you apply, here’s what you can generally expect:
Step 1: Confirmation
After you apply, you’ll get an email to let you know we’ve received your application.
Step 2: Introductory call
If we’d like to get to you know you better, we’ll set up a brief chat to get further information.
Step 3: Interviews
You'll be invited for in-depth and cultural fit interviews, either in-person or by video. This could include an exercise component, such as completing a written or technical task.
Step 4: Reference checks
We’ll call your references to learn more about your professional experiences.
Step 5: Job offer!
We’ll make the formal offer and figure out when you can start.
If you weren’t offered a job, we’d be happy to discuss your application and why we didn’t see a fit. In some cases, we’ll request to hold onto your application for future reference, as there may be a fit down the road.
We’re iterating in everything we do! Whether you apply or not, we’d love to receive feedback on what we can do to make the process better, just send us an email.