The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) works with federal departments to make the services people depend on simple and easy-to-use. We’re rethinking service design and delivery, and engaging users every step of the way. By working in the open, and connecting partners with tools, talent, and training grounded in practice, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
As the Outreach Team, we are the storytellers of the CDS. We tell the stories that help public servants improve government services and make people’s lives better. But, we don’t just tell feel-good stories. The problems we tackle are complex, and so are the stories we tell. We are not afraid to talk about what worked, what didn’t, and how we can do it better. There are no villains in the stories we tell - we’re committed to understanding everyone’s needs and working through problems with them. If you’re ready to bring an open and personal voice to government then this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone who will
- Co-create and implement an outreach and branding strategy that makes people want to work with and for the Canadian Digital Service
- Tell compelling stories that move people to take a start-up approach to government services
- Measure what matters and use the data to make the outreach team more effective
- Build great relationships and collaborate with stakeholders, partners, and cross-functional teams
- Build the tools and workflows to support creative storytelling and craftsmanship
- Share their expert written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Identify strategic outreach opportunities and know when to strike
- Recruit, coach, and manage a remote-first team working across Canada
You’ll fit right in if
- You’re a people person who knows how to coach a team and build consensus
- Your default mode is open collaboration
- You’re a listener who makes space for new ideas and perspectives
- You know that sometimes just trying something is the best way to find out if it’ll work
- You understand how to move people with stories
- You’re comfortable with what you know, comfortable with what you don’t know, and know how to use your team’s talents to achieve great things
- You care about crafting the right story for the right audience - whether it’s recruiting a candidate, building a new partnership, or initiating workplace culture change
- You know that done is better than perfect
- You are a master juggler and know how to handle multiple things on the go - including proactive and reactive communications
- You know how to make being in a Google Hangout feel like being in the room
- Ideally, you’re fluent in French and English
- You like ice cream. Not because we’re breaking a sweat and need to chill. Just because we like to have our team meetings over cones. (Vegan? Lactose intolerant? We’ve got you covered.)
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Head of Outreach” in the subject line. Tell us why you’re right for the job. We recognize that everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table and that nobody “checks all the boxes.” Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.