We’re transforming government. Our products will impact people’s everyday lives. It’s an exciting thing to be part of. We need you.
The Canadian Digital Service is focused on delivering better public services using the best technology and design, all informed by people’s needs.
As the Outreach Team, we are the storytellers of the CDS. We tell the stories that help public servants improve government services and make people’s lives better. But, we don’t just tell feel-good stories. The problems we tackle are complex, and so are the stories we tell. We are not afraid to talk about what worked, what didn’t, and how we can do it better. There are no villains in the stories we tell - we’re committed to understanding everyone’s needs and working through problems with them. If you’re ready to bring an open and personal voice to government then this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Build, coach, and manage a remote-first team working across Canada.
- Guide your team to buildthe tools and workflows to support creative storytelling and craftsmanship.
- Co-create and implement an outreach and branding strategy that makes people want to work with and for the Canadian Digital Service.
- Empower the whole organization to tell compelling stories that move people to approach government services like a start-up.
- Measure what matters and use the data to make the outreach team more effective.
- Build great relationships and collaborate with stakeholders, partners, and cross-functional teams.
- Use their expert written, verbal, and visual communication skills to coach our team.
- Identify strategic outreach opportunities and know when to strike.
You’ll fit right in if:
- You’re a people person who knows how to coach a team and build consensus.
- You understand how to move people with stories.
- You’re comfortable with what you know, comfortable with what you don’t know, and know how to use your team’s talents to achieve great things.
- Your default mode is open collaboration.
- You know how to make being in a Google Hangout feel like being in the room.
- You’re a listener who makes space for new ideas and perspectives.
- You know that sometimes just trying something is the best way to find out if it’ll work.
- You care about crafting the right story for the right audience - whether it’s recruiting a candidate, building a new partnership, or initiating workplace culture change.
- You know that done is better than perfect.
- You are a master juggler and know how to handle multiple things on the go - including proactive and reactive communications.
- Ideally, you’re fluent in French and English.
- You like ice cream. Not because we’re breaking a sweat and need to chill. Just because we like to have our team meetings over cones. Vegan? Lactose intolerant? We’ve got you covered.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it.
We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only be able to deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Head of Outreach” in the subject line. Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.