The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) works with federal departments to make the services people depend on simple and easy-to-use. We’re a small but mighty team that is rethinking service design and delivery, engaging users every step of the way. By working in the open, and connecting partners with tools, talent, and training grounded in practice, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
CDS is looking for an executive assistant to work alongside members of our executive team. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and great to work with? Are you bilingual and love working in both official languages? Are you looking for a job with lots of challenges and room for growth? Can you separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to a busy schedule and inbox?
In this role, you will:
- Provide strategic administrative and project management
- Manage calendars and travel planning for internal and external meetings
- Plan and execute team events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions
- Track, organize and prioritize various internal documents from staff
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of an executive, as appropriate
- Act as a liaison both internally and externally, maintaining a sense of professionalism and collaboration at all times list
You are an excellent candidate if you’re:
- Responsive to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing technology team
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar and Google Docs
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook
- A positive “can-do” spirit
- A bureaucracy hacker who finds ways to get things done
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Trustworthy with sensitive organizational, partner, and personal information
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. We will only deliver better, more accessible, and more inclusive public services if we harness diverse thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.