The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) works with federal departments to make the services people depend on simple and easy-to-use. We’re a small but mighty team that is rethinking service design and delivery, engaging users every step of the way. By working in the open, and connecting partners with tools, talent, and training grounded in practice, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
To further this important mission, we are looking for a consultative and creative recruiter to scale our team. You can expect high impact and wide-ranging responsibility: owning full-cycle recruiting, driving hiring strategy, and delivering best-in-class candidate experience. You must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment—unafraid to challenge the way we’ve been doing things, engage partners across government and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes.
What we’re looking for:
- You identify, qualify, and close exceptional candidates
- You manage and drive a full recruitment cycle including building out new processes and improving existing ones
- You work closely with hiring managers to prioritize hiring needs and build a seamless interview process that helps us bring the best candidates to our teams
- You help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy
- You are passionate and deliberate about building diverse and inclusive teams
An excellent candidate will be able to:
- manage full-cycle recruiting in a high-growth environment
- deliver exceptional candidate experience and have a passion for building teams
- use the right blend of professionalism and friendliness in all communications
- attract candidates who haven’t consider government before and build a diverse pipeline
- take a human-centred approach to recruitment and hiring, understanding your “users’” (hiring managers and candidates) needs and working to meet them
- use a data-driven approach to problem-solving; you enjoy making sense of trends and using the insights to better your process
- be flexible and have a growth mindset, being able to shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change
- work cross-functionally, with the ability to learn quickly
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Recruiter” in the subject line. Tell us why you’re right for the job. We recognize that everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table and that nobody “checks all the boxes.” Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.