The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) works with federal departments to make the services people depend on simple and easy-to-use. We’re a small but mighty team that is rethinking service design and delivery, engaging users every step of the way. By working in the open and connecting partners with tools, talent, and training grounded in best practices, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
Content designers turn difficult concepts into easy to understand content. They shape and craft all content present in a product or service. This ranges from the exact language and words on a page, to the macro-level context of how to design content for new products and services in Government. Content designers focus on the hierarchy, flow, and structure of information to achieve better user experiences. They are in constant collaboration with service designers, visual designers, interaction designers, and researchers.
We are currently hiring in Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, and Montreal.
We’re looking for dedicated Designers to join our team:
- Your approach to design starts with inclusivity and accessibility
- You’re great at communicating with people who aren’t familiar with design, comfortable working alongside clients during the design process, and are excited to work with people on research and testing
- You can effectively demonstrate what your detailed design process entails.
- You are passionate about users’ experiences and want to create measurable improvements to government services
- You have experience working alongside developers and researchers and rapidly prototyping
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or family commitments.
Email us at CDSRecruitment.RecrutementSNC@tbs-sct.gc.ca with “Content Designers” in the subject line. Tell us why you’re right for the job. We recognize that everyone brings different skills and experiences to the table, and that nobody “checks all the boxes.” Include a link to a CV, examples of your work, and/or whatever you think we should see to get to know you.