About the Canadian Digital Service
The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and center. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across the government improve service delivery.
To support this important mission, we are looking for a Research Operations Coordinator to join our Platform Business Unit.
About the Platform Business unit
This position resides in the Platform Business Unit which works towards empowering governments to serve people better by delivering self-serve products to create and run high quality public services for Canadians.
We do so by following our principles of building in a secure, accessible, bilingual, scalable, extensible, interoperable and adaptable way which helps us build stronger relationships and trust with our clients and users.
Research Operations Coordinator Position
This position reports to the Head of Platform Client Experience (CX). In the CX Team, we are tasked with creating a cohesive, consistent end-to-end journey experience for our clients from awareness, onboarding to sustained usage. We do this by building in continuous learning about client needs, expectations and interactions with our services. We put mixed-methods research at the heart of decision-making to create a high quality client experience. This role is a 2 year-term position and is classified as an EC-04 in the Economics and Social Science Services (EC) group.
As a Research Operations Coordinator you’ll collaborate widely with researchers, marketers, product managers, and the rest of the platform business unit to manage and improve operational needs of the team. You’ll play a leading role in developing the practice and driving the direction of our research operations.
CDS is a fully distributed team. This role can be performed from anywhere in Canada. In the future, occasional travel to Ottawa may be required. Bilingualism (BBB) is required for this position.
Areas of responsibility
- Manage participant recruitment for research studies, including but not limited to: recruiting diverse participants from multiple sources within government and externally, outreach, filtering and screening, consent agreements, privacy, and incentives management.
- Help to grow, foster, and administer a diverse participant panel following appropriate government procedures for the CX team.
- Collaborate with researchers to develop the CX research operations handbook with up-to-date procedures and reusable templates. Manage and update this handbook for the team.
- Work with the team to develop research repositories to ensure easily accessible CX data across Platform teams. Manage and update the repository as needed.
- Liaison with the Growth, Policy and the Internal Operations teams to monitor progress of CX research operations and report back on progress to different stakeholders.
- Continuously examine, experiment, and measure improvements to our research operations and processes.
- Administration of our research toolsets: Qualtrics, Dovetail, Airtable, etc.
What we’re looking for
- Familiarity with the UX research process and survey design methodologies.
- Excellent organizational skills: regularly managing multiple research projects and time-driven tasks at a time.
- Familiarity with Qualtrics Directories, Airtable, CRMs or other tools to manage participant panels and coordinate engagement with them; enthusiasm to develop these competencies further.
- Experience with scheduling sessions and communicating with internal and external participants/stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong data-driven problem solving skills.
- Proactive communication and collaboration skills to keep teams informed on progress.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, analytics platforms, and database management preferred.
- Experience in UX research operations or a related role that involves research administration and coordination is an asset.
- Ability to comfortably work in a bilingual environment, English and French.
General process information
We will be looking at your experience, career history and achievements that are relevant to the specific job role. We may assess your ability, strength, experience, technical/specialist skills and behaviors.
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.