The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is tasked with changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services, to reduce the risk of product failure, lower costs, ensure user privacy and system security, and, above all, improves people’s lives by putting their needs and concerns front and center. We believe every experience Canadians have with their government should meet or exceed their reasonable modern expectations that digital services be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. Working in the open, we’re building capacity across the government for better service delivery. And we need you.
We’re hiring a Recruitment Administrator to provide scheduling and administrative support to the recruitment team, classified as AS-01 or AS-02 in the Administrative Services group. This position is Bilingual Imperative (BBB)* and will report to the Talent Acquisition Lead.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and can help us deliver on creating an exceptional experience for candidates and hiring managers. This role will work directly with a team of recruiters and assist with scheduling interviews, note-taking, and organizing files. CDS uses modern tools to help you get the job done, provides mentorship, coaching and professional development opportunities as well as experience seeing how modern software and digital services are built. If you’re ready to work and learn as part of a caring, mission-driven, fast-paced team; help CDS continuously fine-tune their recruitment operations; and play a part in improving services for Canadians, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Manage calendars and scheduling for interviews.
- Ensure that all meetings/interviews have clear agendas and materials that are provided in advance.
- Participate in interviews and team events for occasional note-taking and follow up on actions.
- In collaboration with the website team, post and remove job postings from the CDS website.
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications with panelists, hiring managers and recruiters.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Lead with planning of recruiter training and capacity development initiatives.
- Organize and archive files related to recruitment and other CDS and Talent team projects.
- Learn and become comfortable with a suite of SaaS tools including Google Apps, Trello, Lever (applicant tracking system).
An excellent candidate will be able to:
- Work seamlessly in a fast-paced team environment.
- Prioritize and triage multiple requests from team members and candidates
- Identify areas for improving the candidate, hiring manager or recruiter experience throughout our processes or operations.
- Remain calm under pressure, know how to prioritize, and work as part of a team.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps (particularly GMail, Calendar, and Docs).
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.
At CDS, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We proudly, passionately, and actively strive to make CDS more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. Our ability to deliver better public services — accessible, inclusive services — can only be realized if we can recognize and harness the most diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and skills. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
CDS welcomes all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
*A pool of qualified persons resulting from this process MAY be created and MAY be used to fill similar position with linguistic profiles (english essential, bilingual imperative BBB/BBB, bilingual imperative CBC/CBC, as well as tenures (indeterminate, deployment, acting, assignment, secondment, specified period) which may vary according to the position being staffed.