About the Canadian Digital Service
The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and centre. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be safe, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across the government improve service delivery. We need you.
To support this important mission, we are looking for a French Content Designer to join our Platform Business Unit.
About the Platform Business unit
This position resides in the Platform Business Unit which works towards empowering government to serve people better by delivering self-serve products to create and run high quality public services for Canadians.
We do so by following our principles of building in a secure, accessible, bilingual, scalable, extensible, interoperable and adaptable way which helps us build stronger relationships and trust with our clients and users.
French Content Designer Position
We’re looking for a French Content Designer who is passionate about delivering content as part of agile teams to meet people’s needs.
As a French Content Designer, you’ll work directly with our product teams to deliver high quality products to help government deliver services faster and easier.
This role is a 2 year-term position and is classified as an IT-03 or IT-04 in the Computer Systems group. CDS is a fully distributed team. This role can be performed from anywhere in Canada. In the future, occasional travel to Ottawa may be required. Bilingualism is required for this position. Government knowledge or experience is preferred for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking a human-centered, evidence-based approach by turning data, information, and research into actionable insights that help you understand people’s needs and behaviors to inform the content design of CDS products.
- Supporting the team to build an accessible service by ensuring that people with different access and cognitive needs, differences in learning and absorbing information, and people with different skill profiles are included in everything we design.
- Identifying, mitigating or escalating risks related to french content design and design more broadly within the teams.
- Leading french content design for a product or service, championing inclusivity, accessibility and plain language, and initiating organizational change to make services better for users.
- Working across product teams to ensure content design consistency, while maintaining a lexicon for reusability
What we’re looking for:
- You possess a strong technical background, are comfortable around systems architectures, breaking down the logic of flows of information, and working in complexity and ambiguity in a digital space.
- Experience in adequately designing content, understanding and breaking down complex concepts into simple presentations that support findability, understandability, and usability.
- Comfortable with new terminologies that are constantly evolving, sourcing equivalents or coining new words for evolving technical language
- You’re great at communicating with people who aren’t familiar with content design, comfortable working alongside multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders during the delivery process, and are excited to work with people on research and testing.
- Your application itself shows great content design skills.
General process information
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.