The Canadian Digital Service (CDS) is changing how the federal government designs and delivers digital services. We’re here to improve people’s lives by changing how the government builds technology. We do this by putting people’s needs and concerns front and centre. Every experience Canadians have with their government should be secure, fast, easy, transparent, and accessible. We are working in the open to help everyone across the government improve service delivery. We need you.
To support this important mission, we are looking for an administrative officer to work alongside members of our internal operations team. Do you have a natural inclination toward logistics and planning? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to taking on new tasks and projects? Do you thrive at handling multiple demands in a rapidly changing environment? Are you collaborative and great to work with? Are you bilingual and love working in both official languages? Are you looking for a job with lots of challenges and room for growth?
You would join a team that includes four other members. This role is a term role and is classified as an AS-02 in the Administrative Services group.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support to a variety of administrative services in CDS, including financial management, travel, procurement and contracting, hospitality, training, and ATIP
- Process training requests for all CDS employees; this includes obtaining proper expenditure approvals, as well as the registration and payment.
- Coordinates & purchases office supplies for all CDS employees
- Obtain remote IT equipment authorizations for all CDS employees
- Processes ergonomic assessment requests for all CDS employees
- Reconcile acquisition cards within the internal operations team every month
- Ensure expenditures are tracked in the CDS black book and monitored against the yearly forecast
- Monitor the internal operations billing inbox and reply to enquiries
- Helps to create guidelines and other how-to documents related to internal operations
- Track the process for the compensation of participants in our research sessions
You are an excellent candidate if you’re:
- English essential
- Experienced and knowledgeable at government financial processes
- Responsive to the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing technology team.
- Someone who enjoys working with data and tracking expenses for budgeting
- Highly proficient in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Proficiency in SAP is considered a strong asset
- A person with a positive “can-do” spirit
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Trustworthy with sensitive organizational, partner, and personal information
- You have a secondary diploma degree
We recognize that everyone brings skills and experiences to the table and that not everyone “checks all the boxes”. Apply anyway! Tell us why you’re the right fit for the job.